Unitarian Universalist Church of Wakefield (UUCW) Social Action Committee engages church members, friends and neighbors in deepening understanding of social justice issues. Our social action work comes from the heart and soul of this church community. We address social justice issues through education, advocacy, and invite church members’ and friends’ participation. We strive to put our Unitarian Universalist principles in action.
From social actions, generosity of spirit develops, and a new way of life begins. Below are the organizations we support or collaborate with:
- We staff My Brother’s Table a soup kitchen in Lynn, once a month.
- Each December, we participate in a local holiday gift program for families in need.
- We support the Wakefield Food Pantry through ongoing collections and a special church wide collection each April.
- We partner annually with Wakefield Human Rights Commission to create a public lecture series on human justice topics and issues.
- We participate in Mission of Deeds annual coat drive and host our own church wide collections.
- Boys and Girls Club of Wakefield
- Annually we host the Guest At Your Table, an educational and fundraising program of the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, a human rights organization powered by grassroots collaboration. In 15 countries throughout the world, UUSC fosters social justice and works toward a world free from oppression